Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Times they are achangin'

My apologies to Bob Dylan for stealing one of the lyrics of his folk song.

I recently drove down state to attend my granddaughter's piano recital. On the way I saw many changes to the countryside that did not exist five years ago. Not too far from the Oklahoma panhandle, near a small town named Fort Supply is a field of huge wind turbines. This field is called the Centennial Wind Farm and was sponsored/built in part by the electric utility I recently retired from. It is a spectacular view from the roadway. There are plans to continue to build more of these wind farms farther west.



The power this field produces is being sent on new transmission lines both east and west of the wind turbine field. It is interesting to me to see the new H-structures being installed in Beaver County. Now just where they will transport their power, I can't say because I really don't know. Just a new addition to the panhandle landscape.



Ok Later

No comments:

Post a Comment