Friday, September 18, 2009

Green Leaves of Summer

The green grasses of summer. Around here green is a most unusual color especially in July, August, and September. The color most frequently seen is brown, yellow, and other gasping for rain colors. However, this year has been wet, especially in August, the prairie has bloomed.


The pastures are beautiful. Food is plentiful for the various wildlife. I have seen deer, quail, turkeys, and lizards. Thank god no snakes -- I hate snakes!

Picturesque view of a farm. When I was young teenager, I spent many a weekend there. This was a dairy farm of the late Bessie and John Cates, parent in-laws of my sister.


Even the sandhills are green.

John Denver sang, "Country Roads, take me home." I wonder if this was the country road he was thinking of, it is one that comes to my mind when I hear or sing this song.

Even the sage brush is blooming. Sage, milkweed, and sunflowers are seen in bloom.


Micro-Eco systems.

Wide open area-- As Woody Guthrie sang: "This land was made for you and me." I call this God's country.
I like the view of sunsets OK later!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathal, I love the song Take me home Country Road too!! Loved the pictures. Sure enjoy your blog. Love, Jan P.S. I remember how much you hate snakes!!

    ReplyDelete